Reports about my resignation threat baseless: AP CM
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has termed as "baseless", the reports which claimed that he had threatened to quit if the Congress high command took a decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh to create a separate Telangana state.
"It is absolutely false and baseless. It is malicious in nature. Soniaji is our leader and I have high respect for her. Personally, I have greatest regard for her as a true Congress leader," a statement issued by the state Information and Public Relations Department here quoted Reddy as saying.
Following his brief meeting with Congress chief Sonia Gandhi in New Delhi this morning, there were reports that he has threatened to resign from his post if Congress decides to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh to form a separate Telangana state.
The Chief Minister met the AICC chief hours before the Congress Core Committee was scheduled to discuss the vexatious Telangana statehood issue and possibly spell out its decision based on the "road maps" prepared by the CM, his deputy and the PCC president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites