Reports about my resignation threat baseless: AP CM
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has termed as "baseless", the reports which claimed that he had threatened to quit if the Congress high command took a decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh to create a separate Telangana state.
"It is absolutely false and baseless. It is malicious in nature. Soniaji is our leader and I have high respect for her. Personally, I have greatest regard for her as a true Congress leader," a statement issued by the state Information and Public Relations Department here quoted Reddy as saying.
Following his brief meeting with Congress chief Sonia Gandhi in New Delhi this morning, there were reports that he has threatened to resign from his post if Congress decides to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh to form a separate Telangana state.
The Chief Minister met the AICC chief hours before the Congress Core Committee was scheduled to discuss the vexatious Telangana statehood issue and possibly spell out its decision based on the "road maps" prepared by the CM, his deputy and the PCC president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more