Reports about my resignation threat baseless: AP CM
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has termed as "baseless", the reports which claimed that he had threatened to quit if the Congress high command took a decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh to create a separate Telangana state.
"It is absolutely false and baseless. It is malicious in nature. Soniaji is our leader and I have high respect for her. Personally, I have greatest regard for her as a true Congress leader," a statement issued by the state Information and Public Relations Department here quoted Reddy as saying.
Following his brief meeting with Congress chief Sonia Gandhi in New Delhi this morning, there were reports that he has threatened to resign from his post if Congress decides to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh to form a separate Telangana state.
The Chief Minister met the AICC chief hours before the Congress Core Committee was scheduled to discuss the vexatious Telangana statehood issue and possibly spell out its decision based on the "road maps" prepared by the CM, his deputy and the PCC president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi