Reports of change of guard in Andhra speculative: Azad
New Delhi: Congress on Thursday dismissed as speculative reports about change of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and PCC chief B Satyanarayana Rao.
AICC general secretary Ghulam Nabi Azad, incharge of party affairs in the state, told reporters that reports of a change of guard in Andhra were "mere speculation".
Azad also downplayed withdrawal of support to the Reddy-led government by Asaduddin Owaisi`s Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen.
MIM has seven MLAs in the Andhra Pradesh assembly and one member in the Lok Sabha.
Azad said he had spoken the Owaisi on phone and would meet him next week when the Winter session of Parliament gets underway.
He disagreed with the charge of Owaisi that Andhra Pradesh government led by Reddy has shown high handedness in dealing with the issue of renovation of a temple near Charminar in the Old City area in Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what