Reports of change of guard in Andhra speculative: Azad
New Delhi: Congress on Thursday dismissed as speculative reports about change of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and PCC chief B Satyanarayana Rao.
AICC general secretary Ghulam Nabi Azad, incharge of party affairs in the state, told reporters that reports of a change of guard in Andhra were "mere speculation".
Azad also downplayed withdrawal of support to the Reddy-led government by Asaduddin Owaisi`s Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen.
MIM has seven MLAs in the Andhra Pradesh assembly and one member in the Lok Sabha.
Azad said he had spoken the Owaisi on phone and would meet him next week when the Winter session of Parliament gets underway.
He disagreed with the charge of Owaisi that Andhra Pradesh government led by Reddy has shown high handedness in dealing with the issue of renovation of a temple near Charminar in the Old City area in Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP