Reports of change of guard in Andhra speculative: Azad
New Delhi: Congress on Thursday dismissed as speculative reports about change of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and PCC chief B Satyanarayana Rao.
AICC general secretary Ghulam Nabi Azad, incharge of party affairs in the state, told reporters that reports of a change of guard in Andhra were "mere speculation".
Azad also downplayed withdrawal of support to the Reddy-led government by Asaduddin Owaisi`s Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen.
MIM has seven MLAs in the Andhra Pradesh assembly and one member in the Lok Sabha.
Azad said he had spoken the Owaisi on phone and would meet him next week when the Winter session of Parliament gets underway.
He disagreed with the charge of Owaisi that Andhra Pradesh government led by Reddy has shown high handedness in dealing with the issue of renovation of a temple near Charminar in the Old City area in Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?