Rescued child labourers in Andhra dist to get stip
Rajahmundry (AP): Students rescued from child labour here will get a monthly stipend from the central government under the National Child Labour Project (NCLP) through Aadhar-Enabled Payment System (AEPS).
About 669 students rescued from child labour in the district will get the stipend of Rs 150 per month from the Centre under the NCLP, which will be formally launched by Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh and Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy at Gollaprollu Mandal of East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh today, an official release said here today.
The state and central governments have launched several schemes and programmes for the development of such children, the release said.
The Centre has sanctioned an amount of Rs 150 each as stipend to the students and it will be directly deposited in their accounts through AEPS.
As many as 891 students from East Godavari district have opened their bank accounts while accounts of 669 of them have been linked to AEPS and remaining 231 accounts will be connected to this system shortly, the release said.
The objective of the project is to eliminate child labour in hazardous industries and complete elimination of labour is a gradual aim of the project, the release said.
To set up a legal framework for prohibition and regulation of child labour and to use various development programmes to address the needs of working children under this scheme, the target group is children below 14 years of age who are working in occupations and processes listed in the Schedule to the Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act, 1986 or occupations and processes that are harmful to the health of the children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?