Rescued child labourers in Andhra dist to get stip
Rajahmundry (AP): Students rescued from child labour here will get a monthly stipend from the central government under the National Child Labour Project (NCLP) through Aadhar-Enabled Payment System (AEPS).
About 669 students rescued from child labour in the district will get the stipend of Rs 150 per month from the Centre under the NCLP, which will be formally launched by Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh and Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy at Gollaprollu Mandal of East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh today, an official release said here today.
The state and central governments have launched several schemes and programmes for the development of such children, the release said.
The Centre has sanctioned an amount of Rs 150 each as stipend to the students and it will be directly deposited in their accounts through AEPS.
As many as 891 students from East Godavari district have opened their bank accounts while accounts of 669 of them have been linked to AEPS and remaining 231 accounts will be connected to this system shortly, the release said.
The objective of the project is to eliminate child labour in hazardous industries and complete elimination of labour is a gradual aim of the project, the release said.
To set up a legal framework for prohibition and regulation of child labour and to use various development programmes to address the needs of working children under this scheme, the target group is children below 14 years of age who are working in occupations and processes listed in the Schedule to the Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act, 1986 or occupations and processes that are harmful to the health of the children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says