Research scholar commits suicide in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A 30-year-old research scholar of Osmania University allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison in a laboratory on the varsity campus, police said on Monday.
K Srinivas, who was doing PhD in Zoology, was found dead in the laboratory of the Zoology department this morning and it is suspected that he might have resorted to the extreme step last night as he was reportedly depressed over not clearing the interview for the post of junior lecturer, they said.
"He was not picking up his mobile phone since yesterday afternoon...And committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance," Osmania University Inspector P Ashok said, adding that Srinivas was supposed to complete his PhD in the next two months.
There was no suicide note found. However, preliminary investigations indicated that he was under depression apparently for not clearing the interview for the post of junior lecturer, the inspector said.
Srinivas was a native of Nalgonda district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report