Research scholar commits suicide in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A 30-year-old research scholar of Osmania University allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison in a laboratory on the varsity campus, police said on Monday.
K Srinivas, who was doing PhD in Zoology, was found dead in the laboratory of the Zoology department this morning and it is suspected that he might have resorted to the extreme step last night as he was reportedly depressed over not clearing the interview for the post of junior lecturer, they said.
"He was not picking up his mobile phone since yesterday afternoon...And committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance," Osmania University Inspector P Ashok said, adding that Srinivas was supposed to complete his PhD in the next two months.
There was no suicide note found. However, preliminary investigations indicated that he was under depression apparently for not clearing the interview for the post of junior lecturer, the inspector said.
Srinivas was a native of Nalgonda district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh