Reservation important tool for welfare of Muslims: Owaisi
Hyderabad: Provision of reservations in jobs and education is important for the welfare of Muslim community, city MP and MIM President Asaduddin Owaisi said on Tuesday.
The quota in Andhra Pradesh, initiated when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was Chief Minister, benefited many youth, he said, speaking at a conference, `Islam Summit-2012`, here.
The Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader found fault with the practices like accepting dowry by some in the community.
Noting that Islamic banking is allowed in some foreign countries, he said the banking model should be implemented in India too.
Speaking on the occasion, National Commission for Women (NCW) member Shameena Shafeeq favoured spreading education, knowledge about government schemes, among other things, for the prosperity of the community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing