Reservation important tool for welfare of Muslims: Owaisi
Hyderabad: Provision of reservations in jobs and education is important for the welfare of Muslim community, city MP and MIM President Asaduddin Owaisi said on Tuesday.
The quota in Andhra Pradesh, initiated when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was Chief Minister, benefited many youth, he said, speaking at a conference, `Islam Summit-2012`, here.
The Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader found fault with the practices like accepting dowry by some in the community.
Noting that Islamic banking is allowed in some foreign countries, he said the banking model should be implemented in India too.
Speaking on the occasion, National Commission for Women (NCW) member Shameena Shafeeq favoured spreading education, knowledge about government schemes, among other things, for the prosperity of the community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!