Reservation important tool for welfare of Muslims: Owaisi
Hyderabad: Provision of reservations in jobs and education is important for the welfare of Muslim community, city MP and MIM President Asaduddin Owaisi said on Tuesday.
The quota in Andhra Pradesh, initiated when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was Chief Minister, benefited many youth, he said, speaking at a conference, `Islam Summit-2012`, here.
The Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader found fault with the practices like accepting dowry by some in the community.
Noting that Islamic banking is allowed in some foreign countries, he said the banking model should be implemented in India too.
Speaking on the occasion, National Commission for Women (NCW) member Shameena Shafeeq favoured spreading education, knowledge about government schemes, among other things, for the prosperity of the community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Critically rare white African lion cub born in Texas zoo- See pic!
- Hillary Clinton's legacy is death, destruction, weakness: Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump
- Seers, religious orders need to work towards a modern India: PM Modi
- Has Dhanush replaced Vicky Kaushal in Bejoy Nambiar's next?
- Bhagwant Mann smells of alcohol, can't sit next to him: Suspended AAP MP Harinder Khalsa