Reservation important tool for welfare of Muslims: Owaisi
Hyderabad: Provision of reservations in jobs and education is important for the welfare of Muslim community, city MP and MIM President Asaduddin Owaisi said on Tuesday.
The quota in Andhra Pradesh, initiated when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was Chief Minister, benefited many youth, he said, speaking at a conference, `Islam Summit-2012`, here.
The Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader found fault with the practices like accepting dowry by some in the community.
Noting that Islamic banking is allowed in some foreign countries, he said the banking model should be implemented in India too.
Speaking on the occasion, National Commission for Women (NCW) member Shameena Shafeeq favoured spreading education, knowledge about government schemes, among other things, for the prosperity of the community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH