Resignations will do no good, Cong tells Telangana MPs
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday told its leaders
from Telangana region not to resort to resignations and
indicated that the much-talked about mechanism on the issue
will be announced soon.
Law Minister and party in-charge of Andhra Pradesh
Veerappa Moily told a delegation of MPs from Telangana region
to advise local leaders not to resign from their posts.
"He told us that resignations will do no good to the
issue and also conveyed to us that the Home Ministry is into
forming the mechanism on the issue," Nizamabad MP Madhu Yaskhi
The mechanism is expected to be announced by the end of
this week and Chidambaram had given an indication in this
This comes in the wake of Congress asking the partymen to
withdraw from the Joint Action Committee agitating for
statehoood, warning them of stern action for indiscipline.
Yaskhi said they also apprised Moily of the current
situation in the region. The MPs also took objection to TDP MP
Mysura Reddy`s statement that Chidambaram has "vested
interests" in the Telangana issue.
"The TDP MP doesn`t have any right to criticise
Chidambaram. They are just talking about one part of
Chidambaram`s article in a newspaper. This is unwarranted,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds
- Trump's NATO comments show 'lack of preparedness': Obama
- Govt should resist urge of control everything: Arun Jaitley
- Sushma Swaraj can't give verdict on 'future of Kashmir': Pakistan