Reveal names of persons having links with Ali: Naidu to Centre
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu has demanded that the Union Government
immediately reveal names of persons and politicians, who
allegedly have links with hawala dealer Hasan Ali, currently
facing a probe by the Enforcement Directorate.
Reacting to reports that Hasan Ali, who amassed thousands
of crores of illegal wealth, had links with some top
politicians of Andhra Pradesh, including a former Chief
Minister, he said the Centre should publicise the names.
"Even the names of Sonia Gandhi and her political
secretary Ahmed Patel are being linked to Hasan Ali. Did Ali
himself reveal his links or has someone made him drop names,"
the TDP chief wanted to know.
There were reports in some national television channels
this morning that the ED probing Hasan Ali`s case filed a
report in the Supreme Court claiming he had links with a
former AP Chief Minister and a film star-turned-politician.
Chandrababu pointed out that Ali had feared a threat to
his life after he revealed names of persons he had links with.
"How could a mere horse racer amass thousands of crores of
rupees? All this happened during the UPA tenure only. It needs
to be thoroughly probed," the TDP chief said.
What was preventing the Congress, which was in power both
at the Centre and in the state for the past seven years, from
taking action against Ali and revealing his illicit links,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read