Reveal names of persons having links with Ali: Naidu to Centre
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu has demanded that the Union Government
immediately reveal names of persons and politicians, who
allegedly have links with hawala dealer Hasan Ali, currently
facing a probe by the Enforcement Directorate.
Reacting to reports that Hasan Ali, who amassed thousands
of crores of illegal wealth, had links with some top
politicians of Andhra Pradesh, including a former Chief
Minister, he said the Centre should publicise the names.
"Even the names of Sonia Gandhi and her political
secretary Ahmed Patel are being linked to Hasan Ali. Did Ali
himself reveal his links or has someone made him drop names,"
the TDP chief wanted to know.
There were reports in some national television channels
this morning that the ED probing Hasan Ali`s case filed a
report in the Supreme Court claiming he had links with a
former AP Chief Minister and a film star-turned-politician.
Chandrababu pointed out that Ali had feared a threat to
his life after he revealed names of persons he had links with.
"How could a mere horse racer amass thousands of crores of
rupees? All this happened during the UPA tenure only. It needs
to be thoroughly probed," the TDP chief said.
What was preventing the Congress, which was in power both
at the Centre and in the state for the past seven years, from
taking action against Ali and revealing his illicit links,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India