Reveal names of persons having links with Ali: Naidu to Centre
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu has demanded that the Union Government
immediately reveal names of persons and politicians, who
allegedly have links with hawala dealer Hasan Ali, currently
facing a probe by the Enforcement Directorate.
Reacting to reports that Hasan Ali, who amassed thousands
of crores of illegal wealth, had links with some top
politicians of Andhra Pradesh, including a former Chief
Minister, he said the Centre should publicise the names.
"Even the names of Sonia Gandhi and her political
secretary Ahmed Patel are being linked to Hasan Ali. Did Ali
himself reveal his links or has someone made him drop names,"
the TDP chief wanted to know.
There were reports in some national television channels
this morning that the ED probing Hasan Ali`s case filed a
report in the Supreme Court claiming he had links with a
former AP Chief Minister and a film star-turned-politician.
Chandrababu pointed out that Ali had feared a threat to
his life after he revealed names of persons he had links with.
"How could a mere horse racer amass thousands of crores of
rupees? All this happened during the UPA tenure only. It needs
to be thoroughly probed," the TDP chief said.
What was preventing the Congress, which was in power both
at the Centre and in the state for the past seven years, from
taking action against Ali and revealing his illicit links,
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments