Reveal names of persons having links with Ali: Naidu to Centre
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu has demanded that the Union Government
immediately reveal names of persons and politicians, who
allegedly have links with hawala dealer Hasan Ali, currently
facing a probe by the Enforcement Directorate.
Reacting to reports that Hasan Ali, who amassed thousands
of crores of illegal wealth, had links with some top
politicians of Andhra Pradesh, including a former Chief
Minister, he said the Centre should publicise the names.
"Even the names of Sonia Gandhi and her political
secretary Ahmed Patel are being linked to Hasan Ali. Did Ali
himself reveal his links or has someone made him drop names,"
the TDP chief wanted to know.
There were reports in some national television channels
this morning that the ED probing Hasan Ali`s case filed a
report in the Supreme Court claiming he had links with a
former AP Chief Minister and a film star-turned-politician.
Chandrababu pointed out that Ali had feared a threat to
his life after he revealed names of persons he had links with.
"How could a mere horse racer amass thousands of crores of
rupees? All this happened during the UPA tenure only. It needs
to be thoroughly probed," the TDP chief said.
What was preventing the Congress, which was in power both
at the Centre and in the state for the past seven years, from
taking action against Ali and revealing his illicit links,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon