Revision of electoral rolls in Andhra from Oct 30
Hyderabad: The Election Commission has
announced the schedule for revision of electoral rolls in
Andhra Pradesh, state Chief Electoral Officer I V Subba Rao
said here today.
The annual exercise would begin with the publication
of draft rolls on October 30 and conclude by January five, he
There are 5.80 crore voters in the state out of which
5.50 crore have got enrolled with photos.
Official machinery in the districts have conducted
surveys at booth-level for updating the rolls, he said.
In Hyderabad, electoral rolls would be updated on a
continuous basis at Citizen Service Centres at designated
The electoral rolls would be updated in rural and
tribal areas with the help of Integrated Tribal Development
Agency (ITDA) and Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty
(SERP) of the government.
The CEO office would enter into an agreement with
The Chief Electoral Office has earlier signed MoUs
with a few universities and NGOs for summary revision of
electoral rolls and their services would be utilised, Rao
said. Meanwhile, the Election Commission has also announced
the schedule for special revision of electoral rolls for three
Graduates` and Teachers` constituencies of the state
The draft electoral rolls would be published on
October one and the final lists would be published on December
six, Rao said.
Elections to the six constituencies would be held in
March next year.
The CEO also held a meeting with representatives of
major parties to discuss the summary revision of electoral
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- AgustaWestland probe will focus on names in Italy court judgement, says Manohar Parrikar
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain
- Chopper deal: I blacklisted AgustaWestland, not UPA, says Arun Jaitley