Revision of electoral rolls in Andhra from October 30
Hyderabad: The Election Commission has announced the schedule for revision of electoral rolls in Andhra Pradesh, state Chief Electoral Officer I V Subba Rao
said here on Monday.
The annual exercise would begin with the publication of draft rolls on October 30 and conclude by January five, by when the final rolls would be published, he said. All eligible citizens who will attain 18 years of age as on January one, 2011 can file their applications for enrolment, he said.
There are 5.80 crore voters in the state out of which 5.50 crore have got enrolled with photos. Official machinery in the districts have conducted surveys at the booth-level for updation of the rolls, he said.
In Hyderabad, electoral rolls would be updated on a continuous basis at Citizen Service Centres at designated government offices. The electoral rolls would be updated in rural and tribal areas with the help of Integrated Tribal Development Agency (ITDA) and Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty (SERP) of the government. The CEO office would enter into an agreement with ITDA.
The Chief Electoral Office has earlier signed MoUs with a few universities and NGOs for summary revision of electoral rolls and their services would be utilised, Subba Rao said. Meanwhile, the Election Commission has also announced the schedule for special revision of electoral rolls for three Graduates` and Teachers` constituencies of the state
The draft electoral rolls would be published on October one and the final lists would be published on December six, the CEO said. Elections to the six constituencies would be held in March next year, he added.
The CEO held a meeting with the representatives of major parties to discuss the summary revision of electoral rolls on Monday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know