Rift between Congress leaders deepens over Telangana issue
Hyderabad: The divide in ruling Congress
in Andhra Pradesh over Telangana issue deepened Monday with
leaders from Telangana region demanding an unconditional
apology from ministers hailing from non-Telangana regions for
their alleged comments on the separate statehood demand.
Joining the chorus of criticism from TRS and Telugu
Desam, the Telangana Congress leaders slammed the ministers
for their alleged comments before Sri Krishna committee that
those seeking separate state are traitors of the nation.
"We (Congress leaders from Telangana region) had a
meeting at the residence of senior party MLA K Jana Reddy
today. The comments of ministers from Coastal Andhra and
Telangana are shocking. How can they say that those demanding
separate Telangana state are traitors of the nation," K Yadava
Reddy, a Congress MLC, told reporters.
He, along with other Congress leaders, was speaking at
the state Congress headquarters here, on the sidelines of a
function organised to observe the anniversary of `August
Maintaining that the ministers from non-Telangana
regions were testing the patience of Telangana people with
their provocative remarks, Yadava Reddy said Telangana
Congress leaders would complain to party president Sonia
Gandhi on the issue.
State Endowments Minister Gade Venkata Reddy, who made
the presentation to the Sri Krishna Committee on behalf of the
ministers from Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema, reiterated his
denial about calling Telangana supporters as traitors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?