Rosaiah appeals for peace after HC verdict on Babri issue
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah today appealed political parties and religious heads to ensure maintenance of peace and communal harmony in the state after the Allahabad High Court delivers its verdict on the Babri issue on September 24.
"Delivery of judgement is only a part of the long judicial process. There should be no attempts to provoke any section of people or express views that may hurt feelings of
other persons," the Chief Minister told a meeting of political and religious leaders in the state Secretariat today.
Rosaiah asked the leaders to view the Allahabad High Court verdict with "respect" and maintain peace and harmony after the judgement is delivered. "It is necessary for all sections of society to maintain equanimity and tranquillity. We must ensure that the best
traditions of our culture and maintained. We appeal to people, political parties, religious organisations and media to extend full cooperation to ensure peace and public order," he added.
He also made a similar appeal for the Ganesh Nimajjan ceremony scheduled to take place here on September 22. Home Minister P Sabita Indra Reddy, Chief Secretary S V Prasad, Director General of Police K Aravinda Rao, several city MLAs, Jamaat-e-Islami Hind state president Malik Moatasim Khan, BJP state president G Kishan Reddy among others attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says