Rosaiah asks Congress men in AP not to criticise Sonia Gandhi, PM
Hyderabad: In the wake of some Congress
MLAs commenting that they would not spare even Congress
president Sonia Gandhi if government schemes are not properly
implemented, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah Sunday
asked partymen not to violate party discipline.
"There is no problem if I am the object of their
criticism. If it goes to the extent of saying that we will not
spare Sonia Gandhiji and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, it is
very sad. My appeal to all such friends is that party
discipline should be protected," he told reporters.
"We have a great and unique leadership in the form of
Sonia Gandhiji and Manmohan Singh. We should respect our
leadership. If there is any problem, we can discuss that in
party fora," he said.
Rosaiah`s directive to the partymen came in the wake
of three Congress MLAs from Kadapa district, all considered
loyalists of late YS Rajasekhara Reddy, saying yesterday that
they have a right to point out even if Sonia Gandhi or
Manmohan Singh err.
"We have the right to point out if Sonia Gandhi or Dr
Manmohan Singh err. At the same time, they also have the
freedom to tell us if we do something wrong," Adinarayana
Reddy, Congress legislator from Jammalamadugu, and two other
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside
- Aprilia SR 150 to be launched at Rs 65,000; book via PayTM, get 100% cashback on booking amount
- Shah Rukh Khan just apologised to 'Dil Se' co-star Preity Zinta! Here's why
- Naming of new RBI chief shows Modi government regains composure after Rajan shock
- JNU PhD student drugged, raped by AISA activist in hostel room? Know details of complaint