Rosaiah asks for fortnightly report on welfare schemes
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K
Rosaiah today directed the officials to submit a fortnightly
report on the progress of schemes and projects aimed at
welfare of the tribals and Below Poverty Line (BPL) families
living in remote areas.
The Andhra Pradesh government has given top priority for
development of remote and interior areas in the state with a
focused plan of action to promote both rural infrastructure
and welfare activities in a balanced and phased manner, he
The Chief Minister said faster development of remote
areas was important to wean away youth from joining militant
"I want to ensure that the tribals and other rural poor,
though live in remote and interior areas are not denied
benefits of all welfare and development programs like food
security, health care, housing and employment generation", an
official release quoted him as saying.
The Chief Minster reviewed the pace of welfare and
development activities in tribal, interior and remote areas of
the state with the Minister for Home Sabitha Indra Reddy and
the Minister for Tribal Welfare and Remote and Interior Areas
Development Pasupuleti Balaraju and higher officials on the
eve of his visit to Delhi to participate in the meeting on
internal security on July 14, the release said.
Rosaiah said Andhra Pradesh topped the country in
engaging the rural poor, women and youth in gainful economic
activity through various popular schemes like MGNREGA, Pavala
Vaddi, and self help groups and achieved large scale
employment generation and food security in rural areas.
He said a huge sum of Rs 3,842 crore has been earmarked
for rural development in the State during the current year to
promote roads, drinking water, housing, employment generation
and comprehensive development of lands of rural poor.
An amount of Rs 8,892 crore is being spent on NREGP, to
provide employment to 2.75 crores labourers in rural areas,
particularly in remote and tribal areas, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP closes gap with Shiv Sena in BMC, dominates in other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway