Rosaiah asks officials to be on vigil in view of heavy rains
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K
Rosaiah on Sunday directed chief secretary S V Prasad to instruct
the district collectors to be on constant vigil and prevent
loss of life and property during heavy rains in the state.
In view of heavy rains lashing several parts of the state
for the past two days, Rosaiah also asked the collectors and
other officials to be on the alert about inundation of low
lying areas and monitor the situation, an official release
from the Chief Minister`s office said.
He further asked the irrigation officials to coordinate
with revenue officials and take necessary steps to evacuate
people likely to be affected due to the flooding in Vamsadhara
and Nagavli rivers in Srikakulam district, it said.
Rosaiah, who is in Delhi, spoke to the chief secretary
and other officials over phone.
Disaster Management Commissioner T Radha informed the
Chief Minister that the state-wide normal rainfall is 25 per
cent excess compared to normal rainfall during the season last
year, it added.
One person was washed away in Venkatagiri village of K
Samudram Mandal in Warangal district while crossing the
Akirivagu (rivulet) yesterday, the Commissioner informed
Rosaiah, adding paddy nursery in 5,000 hectares and paddy crop
in 7,000 hectares were inundated, besides 3 houses were
damaged in West Godavari district, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert