Rosaiah congratulates top IIT-JEE rank-holders from AP
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister
K Rosaiah on Wednesday congratulated students from the state who
secured top ranks in this year`s IIT-Joint Entrance
"You have done not only your family and educational
institutions but also Andhra Pradesh proud by securing top
ranks in the general category," the Chief Minister said in a
congratulatory message to A Jitender Reddy (all-India topper),
Uday Saha (2nd rank), Madhu Kiran (4th), Sathwik (6th),
Sabreesh Nikhil (8th) and Neeraj Gopal (9th rank).
He also hailed the achievement of Praveen Kumar, who
bagged the first rank in the physically-challenged category.
The CM pointed out that students from Andhra Pradesh
have been bagging maximum number of seats in IITs for the past
few years by securing top ranks. "For the first time in 20
years, the top rank in IIT-JEE came to the state."
Meanwhile, 26 students from remote parts of the state,
who were provided special coaching for such competitive
examinations under a government scheme, also secured good
ranks in the IIT-JEE to bag the seats in IITs, according to a
release from the Chief Minister`s Office.
Of these, seven students belonged to the Scheduled
Castes and 15 to Scheduled Tribes, while two each belonged to
the physically-challenged and other categories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?