Rosaiah holds all-party meet on Babhli issue
Hyderabad: Ahead of the meeting convened
by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh between Chief Ministers of
Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra on the contentious Babhli
issue, Chief Minister K Rosaiah held an all-party meeting here
Telugu Desam and other opposition parties asked the
state government to be tough on the issue and put forward the
state`s case effectively at the tomorrow`s meeting to protect
"The state`s arguments cannot be weak. We told the
state government to put forward our case effectively. There
cannot be any compromise on this. Babhli is an illegal project
and ours is a justified demand," TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu
told reporters after the meeting.
"The Babhli project is illegal because it is located
in the project area of another project. They violated the
orders of Central Water Commission, Central government and
even Supreme Court. The gates of Babhli project should be
removed and they should not use water from the project.
Otherwise, the project would turn several districts of
Telangana into a desert," he said.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi should not stay aloof
from the issue as the party is in power at the Centre and also
both in Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra, Naidu said.
Appreciating the Prime Minister`s decision to convene
the meeting, senior Praja Rajyam leader K Vidyadhara Rao
favoured setting up a regulatory body for such inter-state
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details