Rosaiah, Moily meet Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah and AICC general secretary in-charge of the state M Veerappa Moily on Monday met Congress chief Sonia Gandhi in the wake of the controversy surrounding Kadappa MP Jaganmohan Reddy`s `Odarpu Yatra` in the state.
The meeting took place a day after Jagan has reacted strongly to the suspension of his close aide Ambati Rambabu from the party.
Rambabu was suspended from the party on Saturday night for his alleged outburst against CM Rosaiah and indulging in anti-party activities.
It also came at a time when the organisational elections of Congress in all the states are in the final leg. Gandhi had earlier reviewed the status of elections of other states also.
Both Rosaiah and Moily were learnt to have briefed the Congress chief about the state unit`s preparations for the organisational elections and the plans for celebrating the
1125th anniversary of the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Audrey Hepburn letters sell at auction for 11,250 pounds
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- News Television Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags best news channel website honour
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Google-backed transpacific submarine cable between US and Japan goes live today!