Rosaiah, Moily meet Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah and AICC general secretary in-charge of the state M Veerappa Moily on Monday met Congress chief Sonia Gandhi in the wake of the controversy surrounding Kadappa MP Jaganmohan Reddy`s `Odarpu Yatra` in the state.
The meeting took place a day after Jagan has reacted strongly to the suspension of his close aide Ambati Rambabu from the party.
Rambabu was suspended from the party on Saturday night for his alleged outburst against CM Rosaiah and indulging in anti-party activities.
It also came at a time when the organisational elections of Congress in all the states are in the final leg. Gandhi had earlier reviewed the status of elections of other states also.
Both Rosaiah and Moily were learnt to have briefed the Congress chief about the state unit`s preparations for the organisational elections and the plans for celebrating the
1125th anniversary of the Congress.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill