Rosaiah, Moily meet Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah and AICC general secretary in-charge of the state M Veerappa Moily on Monday met Congress chief Sonia Gandhi in the wake of the controversy surrounding Kadappa MP Jaganmohan Reddy`s `Odarpu Yatra` in the state.
The meeting took place a day after Jagan has reacted strongly to the suspension of his close aide Ambati Rambabu from the party.
Rambabu was suspended from the party on Saturday night for his alleged outburst against CM Rosaiah and indulging in anti-party activities.
It also came at a time when the organisational elections of Congress in all the states are in the final leg. Gandhi had earlier reviewed the status of elections of other states also.
Both Rosaiah and Moily were learnt to have briefed the Congress chief about the state unit`s preparations for the organisational elections and the plans for celebrating the
1125th anniversary of the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes