Rosaiah, Moily meet Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah and AICC general secretary in-charge of the state M Veerappa Moily on Monday met Congress chief Sonia Gandhi in the wake of the controversy surrounding Kadappa MP Jaganmohan Reddy`s `Odarpu Yatra` in the state.
The meeting took place a day after Jagan has reacted strongly to the suspension of his close aide Ambati Rambabu from the party.
Rambabu was suspended from the party on Saturday night for his alleged outburst against CM Rosaiah and indulging in anti-party activities.
It also came at a time when the organisational elections of Congress in all the states are in the final leg. Gandhi had earlier reviewed the status of elections of other states also.
Both Rosaiah and Moily were learnt to have briefed the Congress chief about the state unit`s preparations for the organisational elections and the plans for celebrating the
1125th anniversary of the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak