Rosaiah resigns from AP Legislative Council
Hyderabad: Veteran Congress leader K Rosaiah
on Tuesday resigned from the membership of Andhra Pradesh
Rosaiah, who has been appointed Governor of Tamil Nadu,
met Council Chairman A Chakrapani this afternoon and submitted
"My political life began as a member of the AP Legislative
Council and is coincidentally ending here," Rosaiah remarked
nostalgically on the occasion, even as he was greeted by
Chakrapani, Legislature Secretary S Raja Sadaram and others.
Chakrapani immediately accepted Rosaiah`s resignation.
Rosaiah, who served as AP Chief Minister from September 3,
2009 to November 24, 2010, will take charge as Tamil Nadu
Governor on August 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir