Rosaiah resigns from AP Legislative Council
Hyderabad: Veteran Congress leader K Rosaiah
on Tuesday resigned from the membership of Andhra Pradesh
Rosaiah, who has been appointed Governor of Tamil Nadu,
met Council Chairman A Chakrapani this afternoon and submitted
"My political life began as a member of the AP Legislative
Council and is coincidentally ending here," Rosaiah remarked
nostalgically on the occasion, even as he was greeted by
Chakrapani, Legislature Secretary S Raja Sadaram and others.
Chakrapani immediately accepted Rosaiah`s resignation.
Rosaiah, who served as AP Chief Minister from September 3,
2009 to November 24, 2010, will take charge as Tamil Nadu
Governor on August 31.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview