Rosaiah rubbishes reports of Andhra Cabinet expansion
New Delhi: Ending days of speculation, Andhra
Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah on Wednesday ruled out expansion of
his seven-month-old Cabinet even as he met Congress chief
Sonia Gandhi here and discussed the current political
situation in his state.
He rubbished reports that he was planning to expand his
Cabinet and that he had come to Delhi to discuss the issue
"It is all media creation. There are no plans for
expanding the Cabinet. There is no need for a cabinet
expansion," he told reporters after meeting Gandhi and Law
Minister Veerappa Moily.
He also made it clear that the issue did not figure during
his talks with Gandhi and Moily, who is the in-charge of party
affairs in Andhra Pradesh.
He said he discussed about the elections to some
Legislative Council seats, that are scheduled next month,
adding, "We are trying to finalise the candidates for the
elections. I held discussions in this regard," he said.
The much-hyped yatra of YS Jaganmohan Reddy is also
understood to have come up for discussions between Sonia and
He is believed to have apprised Sonia of the latest
developments in the state, including the recent communal
clashes in Hyderabad.
During the meeting with Moily, Jagamohan`s tour to meet
the families of those "who died after hearing the shocking
news of Rajasekhara Reddy" is believed to have come up for
discussions, party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!