Rosaiah thanks people for observing peace post-Ayodhya verdict
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K
Rosaiah on Friday thanked people of the state for maintaining
peace and harmony after the Ayodhya title suit verdict.
He expressed happiness that the state in general and the
city in particular remained calm after the judgement.
"I congratulate the people of Andhra Pradesh, especially
people of Hyderabad city for exhibiting communal amity and
harmony after the pronouncement of the judgement of Allahabad
High Court," Rosaiah said in a message.
"Various sections of the society have shown will and
maturity and exhibited camaraderie in maintaining peace and
harmony in the state. In this connection, I thank the people
of Andhra Pradesh, various Hindu and Muslim religious
organisations, religious leaders, political parties, peace
committees, Mythri committees, print and electronic media for
extending utmost cooperation to the administrative machinery
and police in maintaining peace, they said.
"I appeal to the public to continue to maintain restraint
in the coming days to thwart any evil designs of anti-social
elements," he added.
The Chief Minister also reviewed the situation with Chief
Secretary S V Prasad, DGP K Aravind Rao, city police
commissioner A K Khan, IGP (Intelligence) Mahender Reddy and
other senior officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof