Rosaiah thanks people for observing peace post-Ayodhya verdict
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K
Rosaiah on Friday thanked people of the state for maintaining
peace and harmony after the Ayodhya title suit verdict.
He expressed happiness that the state in general and the
city in particular remained calm after the judgement.
"I congratulate the people of Andhra Pradesh, especially
people of Hyderabad city for exhibiting communal amity and
harmony after the pronouncement of the judgement of Allahabad
High Court," Rosaiah said in a message.
"Various sections of the society have shown will and
maturity and exhibited camaraderie in maintaining peace and
harmony in the state. In this connection, I thank the people
of Andhra Pradesh, various Hindu and Muslim religious
organisations, religious leaders, political parties, peace
committees, Mythri committees, print and electronic media for
extending utmost cooperation to the administrative machinery
and police in maintaining peace, they said.
"I appeal to the public to continue to maintain restraint
in the coming days to thwart any evil designs of anti-social
elements," he added.
The Chief Minister also reviewed the situation with Chief
Secretary S V Prasad, DGP K Aravind Rao, city police
commissioner A K Khan, IGP (Intelligence) Mahender Reddy and
other senior officials.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case