RRB scam: Court rejects bail plea of seven accused
Hyderabad: A local court today dismissed the
bail petitions of seven persons, including S N Sharma, the
suspended Chairman of the Railway Recruitment Board (Mumbai),
arrested in connection with an alleged multi-crore recruitment
scam, CBI officials said.
The Judge of the Special Court for CBI cases dismissed
the petitions on the ground that further investigations were
on in the case that relate to leakage of question papers, a
CBI officer said here.
The CBI had on June 19 claimed to have unearthed a
multi-crore Railway recruitment scam and has so far arrested
15 persons, including Vivek Bhardwaj Sharma, son of Sharma, A
K Jagannatham, the then ADRM in Raipur and his son Srujan, and
G Sethi, senior divisional personnel officer at Raipur.
Meanwhile, the court posted to August 5 the matter on
bail petitions of three other accused for further hearing, the
The CBI has named 18 persons in connection with the RRB
scam. The agency claimed that Jagannatham was the kingpin of
the scam and that there was a deal of Rs one crore with some
RRB officials to leak the question paper.
As part of the deal, Rs 55 lakh was already paid to the
officials of RRB, Mumbai, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145