Rs 10,000-cr scam took place during YSR rule: Cong MLAs
Hyderabad: In a veiled attack on the Y S
Rajasekhara Reddy Government, two ruling Congress MLAs opposed
to him today alleged a scam worth Rs 10,000 crore took place
in a state corporation during his tenure as Chief Minister.
"I have come to know that the Andhra Pradesh
Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC) had gone into
the control of a few persons from 2004 (when Rajasekhara Reddy
came to power).
"Land was acquired from farmers and it was not used
for industrialisation. The land was given to chosen companies
and some rich people," senior Congress MLA D L Ravindra Reddy
told reporters at a press conference here.
Alleging that there was a Rs 10,000 crore scam in the
issue, he said he has requested Chief Minister K Rosaiah to
order a probe. Ravindra Reddy said he would write a letter to
Congress high command to order a CBI inquiry in the "scam".
Another senior Congress MLA and former minister J C
Diwakar Reddy, who was also present at the press conference,
said the state government suffered losses.
Responding to the allegations, Ambati Rambabu, who was
Chairman of the APIIC, wondered why the leaders kept silent
all these years. "Why are they raising the issue now. Why did
they remain silent all these years. Is it not their mistake?"
Rambabu, an aide of Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy,
was recently suspended from the party for making critical
remarks against Congress leadership and Rosaiah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more