Rs 11,000 cr to improve drinking water supply in Hyderabad: CM
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Saturday said a sum of Rs 11,000 crore would be spent in the next two years to improve drinking water supply in Hyderabad.
The Chief Minister laid the foundation-stone for the Rs 1,670 crore Krishna phase-3 drinking water supply project at Vanasthalipuram here today.
Speaking on the occasion, he said Hyderabad was currently getting 1.6 tmc ft of drinking water every month, which would increase by 1.3 tmc ft once the Krishna phase-3 and Godavari drinking water projects were completed by the middle of next year.
"The Godavari water supply project, taken up at a cost of Rs 3,700 crore, is fast progressing. Both these schemes will bring an additional 15 tmc ft of water to the twin cities per annum," he said.
The Chief Minister also laid the foundation-stone for a road-over-bridge at Tolichowki, to be built at a cost of Rs 46 crore.
He also laid foundation-stone for four other development works worth a total of Rs 109 crore.
"By creating such infrastructure, we will make Hyderabad the best city in the world," Kiran announced.
Union Minister of State for Highways Sarve Satyanarayana, state ministers J Geeta Reddy, D Sridhar Babu, D Nagender, MLAs and officials attended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH