Rs 11,000 cr to improve drinking water supply in Hyderabad: CM
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Saturday said a sum of Rs 11,000 crore would be spent in the next two years to improve drinking water supply in Hyderabad.
The Chief Minister laid the foundation-stone for the Rs 1,670 crore Krishna phase-3 drinking water supply project at Vanasthalipuram here today.
Speaking on the occasion, he said Hyderabad was currently getting 1.6 tmc ft of drinking water every month, which would increase by 1.3 tmc ft once the Krishna phase-3 and Godavari drinking water projects were completed by the middle of next year.
"The Godavari water supply project, taken up at a cost of Rs 3,700 crore, is fast progressing. Both these schemes will bring an additional 15 tmc ft of water to the twin cities per annum," he said.
The Chief Minister also laid the foundation-stone for a road-over-bridge at Tolichowki, to be built at a cost of Rs 46 crore.
He also laid foundation-stone for four other development works worth a total of Rs 109 crore.
"By creating such infrastructure, we will make Hyderabad the best city in the world," Kiran announced.
Union Minister of State for Highways Sarve Satyanarayana, state ministers J Geeta Reddy, D Sridhar Babu, D Nagender, MLAs and officials attended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Delhi Assembly passes resolution against MHA notification: As it happened