Rs 1,431-crore World Bank loan for AP civic projects
Hyderabad: In a major fillip to the urban
development sector in Andhra Pradesh, the World Bank has
approved a loan of 300 million US dollars (approximately Rs
1,431.91-crore) under the Andhra Pradesh Municipal Development
Disclosing this at a meeting on urban development today
Chief Minister K Rosaiah said the World Bank loan would
provide a big impetus to the government`s initiative in taking
up qualitative works in various municipalities to meet the
civic and infrastructure requirments of urban people.
The Chief Minister said the total project cost is Rs
1,670.55-crore (350 Million US dollars), out of which the
State government`s share would be Rs 238.64-crore (50 million
US dollars). The project would commence from February 15 next
and is expected to close by December 31, 2015.
"The loan agreement is expected to be signed during
this month", Rosaiah said.
Minister for Urban Development Anam Ramnarayana Reddy,
principal secretaries - T S Appa Rao, Pushpa Subramanyam and
other senior officials attended the review meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail