Rs 1,431-crore World Bank loan for AP civic projects
Hyderabad: In a major fillip to the urban
development sector in Andhra Pradesh, the World Bank has
approved a loan of 300 million US dollars (approximately Rs
1,431.91-crore) under the Andhra Pradesh Municipal Development
Disclosing this at a meeting on urban development today
Chief Minister K Rosaiah said the World Bank loan would
provide a big impetus to the government`s initiative in taking
up qualitative works in various municipalities to meet the
civic and infrastructure requirments of urban people.
The Chief Minister said the total project cost is Rs
1,670.55-crore (350 Million US dollars), out of which the
State government`s share would be Rs 238.64-crore (50 million
US dollars). The project would commence from February 15 next
and is expected to close by December 31, 2015.
"The loan agreement is expected to be signed during
this month", Rosaiah said.
Minister for Urban Development Anam Ramnarayana Reddy,
principal secretaries - T S Appa Rao, Pushpa Subramanyam and
other senior officials attended the review meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics