Rs 1,431-crore World Bank loan for AP civic projects
Hyderabad: In a major fillip to the urban
development sector in Andhra Pradesh, the World Bank has
approved a loan of 300 million US dollars (approximately Rs
1,431.91-crore) under the Andhra Pradesh Municipal Development
Disclosing this at a meeting on urban development today
Chief Minister K Rosaiah said the World Bank loan would
provide a big impetus to the government`s initiative in taking
up qualitative works in various municipalities to meet the
civic and infrastructure requirments of urban people.
The Chief Minister said the total project cost is Rs
1,670.55-crore (350 Million US dollars), out of which the
State government`s share would be Rs 238.64-crore (50 million
US dollars). The project would commence from February 15 next
and is expected to close by December 31, 2015.
"The loan agreement is expected to be signed during
this month", Rosaiah said.
Minister for Urban Development Anam Ramnarayana Reddy,
principal secretaries - T S Appa Rao, Pushpa Subramanyam and
other senior officials attended the review meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video