Rs 1,500 cr loans for SHG women in AP: CM
Rajahmundry: The Andhra Pradesh government will provide loans worth Rs 1,500 crore to women working for SHGs in rural areas, said Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy.
Giving topmost priority to women and their welfare, the state government would provide Rs 1,500 crore worth loans to women through the Sri Nidhi Bank, Reddy said at a meeting with women working for self-help groups (SHGs) as part of the `Indiramma Bata` programme yesterday at Pedagaddea village, in Ramapachodavaram Mandal of East Godavari district.
"The state government is taking all initiatives to further strengthen (the position of) women in society and will provide interest-free loans to all women (working for SHGs) in the state," he said, adding that if an application is received by the bank from a woman, the loan will be provided within 48 hours.
Distributing loans worth Rs 3.86 lakh to SHG women, the chief minister also said, 1,500 Sri Shakti buildings will be constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 25 lakh each in 1,200 mandals.
Further, he directed the medical officials to prepare a comprehensive plan to upgrade the existing Ramapachodavaram hospital to a 100-bed facility and to fill up the vacant posts of doctors soon.
Colleges, including polytechnic, and schools would be set up at Ramapachodavaram and a bridge will be constructed at Cherukupalem village, he said, assuring that the power crisis in the state would be resolved by the month end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional