Rs 1,500 cr loans for SHG women in AP: CM
Rajahmundry: The Andhra Pradesh government will provide loans worth Rs 1,500 crore to women working for SHGs in rural areas, said Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy.
Giving topmost priority to women and their welfare, the state government would provide Rs 1,500 crore worth loans to women through the Sri Nidhi Bank, Reddy said at a meeting with women working for self-help groups (SHGs) as part of the `Indiramma Bata` programme yesterday at Pedagaddea village, in Ramapachodavaram Mandal of East Godavari district.
"The state government is taking all initiatives to further strengthen (the position of) women in society and will provide interest-free loans to all women (working for SHGs) in the state," he said, adding that if an application is received by the bank from a woman, the loan will be provided within 48 hours.
Distributing loans worth Rs 3.86 lakh to SHG women, the chief minister also said, 1,500 Sri Shakti buildings will be constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 25 lakh each in 1,200 mandals.
Further, he directed the medical officials to prepare a comprehensive plan to upgrade the existing Ramapachodavaram hospital to a 100-bed facility and to fill up the vacant posts of doctors soon.
Colleges, including polytechnic, and schools would be set up at Ramapachodavaram and a bridge will be constructed at Cherukupalem village, he said, assuring that the power crisis in the state would be resolved by the month end.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference