Rs 3.35 crore cash seized ahead of AP by-polls
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Electoral Officer Bhanwarlal on Saturday said that unaccounted-for cash of Rs 3.35 crore had been seized so far in 18 Assembly constituencies which are facing by-elections.
Talking to reporters here this evening, the CEO said 30,000 litres of liquor was seized and over 1,000 cases were filed; as many as 571 persons were arrested in this connection.
Police also seized 3,200 weapons in the districts going to the polls, while non-bailable arrest warrants were issued against 2,847 persons as a precautionary measure, the CEO added.
Earlier in the day, Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutsi reviewed the preparations for by-elections with the CEO and the Collectors and Superintendents of Police of 12 districts.
Zutsi reviewed the issues such as the electoral rolls, polling stations, police force to be deployed, and also the implementation of model code of conduct, sources said.
Separately, state Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy too held a general review on poll preparedness with the SPs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'