Rs 3.35 crore cash seized ahead of AP by-polls
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Electoral Officer Bhanwarlal on Saturday said that unaccounted-for cash of Rs 3.35 crore had been seized so far in 18 Assembly constituencies which are facing by-elections.
Talking to reporters here this evening, the CEO said 30,000 litres of liquor was seized and over 1,000 cases were filed; as many as 571 persons were arrested in this connection.
Police also seized 3,200 weapons in the districts going to the polls, while non-bailable arrest warrants were issued against 2,847 persons as a precautionary measure, the CEO added.
Earlier in the day, Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutsi reviewed the preparations for by-elections with the CEO and the Collectors and Superintendents of Police of 12 districts.
Zutsi reviewed the issues such as the electoral rolls, polling stations, police force to be deployed, and also the implementation of model code of conduct, sources said.
Separately, state Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy too held a general review on poll preparedness with the SPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- PM Narendra Modi brings water to parched Saurashtra region in Gujarat
- Afghanistan deports 250 Pakistanis due to border tension
- India test fires Scramjet engine, joins elite club of nations
- Trupti Desai enters Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai; says happy that no one objected us
- Turkish bombardment kills 35 civilians in Syria: Monitor