Rs 3.35 crore cash seized ahead of AP by-polls
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Electoral Officer Bhanwarlal on Saturday said that unaccounted-for cash of Rs 3.35 crore had been seized so far in 18 Assembly constituencies which are facing by-elections.
Talking to reporters here this evening, the CEO said 30,000 litres of liquor was seized and over 1,000 cases were filed; as many as 571 persons were arrested in this connection.
Police also seized 3,200 weapons in the districts going to the polls, while non-bailable arrest warrants were issued against 2,847 persons as a precautionary measure, the CEO added.
Earlier in the day, Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutsi reviewed the preparations for by-elections with the CEO and the Collectors and Superintendents of Police of 12 districts.
Zutsi reviewed the issues such as the electoral rolls, polling stations, police force to be deployed, and also the implementation of model code of conduct, sources said.
Separately, state Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy too held a general review on poll preparedness with the SPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America