Rs 4 crore interim relief for flood-hit Yanam
Puducherry: An interim relief of Rs 4 crores has been released for relief and rehabilitation works in the flood ravaged Yanam region, enclave of Puducherry in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.
Stating this, independent MLA Malladi Krishna Rao, elected to the Assembly from Yanam, said that the total damage had been assessed to be around Rs 10 crores in the region.
He said he was grateful to Chief Minister N Rangasamy for responding to the plea for relief as the region was in the grip of grim flood situation.
The distribution of assistance would commence on Monday, he said.
Although the flood water receded yesterday the water level resumed increasing with the flow from the Dowleswaram and from other catchment areas. Road breaches and damages to the canals were among the infrastructures hit by the floods in Yanam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi's Iran visit: India commits huge investment in Chabahar
- Potassium bromate, potassium iodate in bread: This is how they can affect your health!
- Congress, BJP have husband-wife like relationship: Arvind Kejriwal
- Oops! Bella Hadid's revealing outfits stun glamour world – Watch
- This is the only temple where Lord Hanuman is worshipped in female form