Rs 4 crore interim relief for flood-hit Yanam
Puducherry: An interim relief of Rs 4 crores has been released for relief and rehabilitation works in the flood ravaged Yanam region, enclave of Puducherry in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.
Stating this, independent MLA Malladi Krishna Rao, elected to the Assembly from Yanam, said that the total damage had been assessed to be around Rs 10 crores in the region.
He said he was grateful to Chief Minister N Rangasamy for responding to the plea for relief as the region was in the grip of grim flood situation.
The distribution of assistance would commence on Monday, he said.
Although the flood water receded yesterday the water level resumed increasing with the flow from the Dowleswaram and from other catchment areas. Road breaches and damages to the canals were among the infrastructures hit by the floods in Yanam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation