Rs 4 crore interim relief for flood-hit Yanam
Puducherry: An interim relief of Rs 4 crores has been released for relief and rehabilitation works in the flood ravaged Yanam region, enclave of Puducherry in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.
Stating this, independent MLA Malladi Krishna Rao, elected to the Assembly from Yanam, said that the total damage had been assessed to be around Rs 10 crores in the region.
He said he was grateful to Chief Minister N Rangasamy for responding to the plea for relief as the region was in the grip of grim flood situation.
The distribution of assistance would commence on Monday, he said.
Although the flood water receded yesterday the water level resumed increasing with the flow from the Dowleswaram and from other catchment areas. Road breaches and damages to the canals were among the infrastructures hit by the floods in Yanam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Christians should ask gay community for forgiveness for past treatment: Pope Francis
- Can you SPOT Aamir Khan in this picture? SEE inside
- 7th Pay Commission: Non-performing govt employees to not get annual increment
- Tri-Nation series final: Mitchell Marsh, Josh Hazlewood guide Australia to 58-run win over West Indies
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way