Rs 55 cr invested in Jagan companies through hawala: CBI
New Delhi: Dalmia Cements, named as accused in the CBI charge sheet in disproportionate assets case against Jaganmohan Reddy, has allegedly invested Rs 55 crore through hawala route in the cement companies promoted by the YSR Congress chief.
CBI sources claimed they have got money trail of Rs 55 crore which were allegedly invested by Dalmia Cements in Jagan`s company through hawala routes in return for favours received from the state government headed by his father Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, popularly known as YSR.
They said Andhra Pradesh Home Minister Sabita Reddy, who was the Mines Minister in YSR cabinet had allegedly overlooked norms and rules to extend mining leases to Dalmia Cements as quid pro quo for the investments.
They claimed they have managed to establish that off the total Rs 95 crore allegedly invested by Dalmia Cements in companies promoted by Jagan over Rs 55 crore were invested through hawala channels in Raghuram Cements which was later renamed as Bharti Cements.
CBI has mentioned these details in its charge sheet filed yesterday at a special court in Hyderabad.
The agency filed its fifth charge sheet before a Special CBI Court here naming Jagan and 12 other individuals including Sabita Reddy besides firms including Dalmia Cements.
Sabita is the third minister from the state to figure in five charge sheets filed by CBI in connection with properties allegedly amassed by Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy which were disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Others made accused include Jagan`s aide Vijay Sai Reddy, Vice-President Dalmia Cements Punit Dalmia, IAS officer Y Sri Lakshmi and the then Director Mines in Andhra Pradesh V D Raja Gopal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you