Rs 6.7 crore cash recovered from autorickshaw in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Hyderabad Police on Wednesday recovered over Rs 6.70 crore cash from an autorickshaw near the office of Director General of Police at Lakdi-ka-pul.
Whether it was a genuine currency or counterfeit was yet to be ascertained, police said.
A traffic police constable noticed that a man riding in the rickshaw was trying to shift bags to another rickshaw.
When the constable asked him what was the problem, he said the rickshaw had broken down.
When the constable asked him to open the bags, he and the driver fled, abandoning the vehicle.
The three bags were found to be stuffed with notes of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 denominations.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Tarun Joshi said, "We have handed over the cash to Income Tax department. The driver of the second auto is being questioned by Saifabad police."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand