Rs 6.7 crore cash recovered from autorickshaw in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Hyderabad Police on Wednesday recovered over Rs 6.70 crore cash from an autorickshaw near the office of Director General of Police at Lakdi-ka-pul.
Whether it was a genuine currency or counterfeit was yet to be ascertained, police said.
A traffic police constable noticed that a man riding in the rickshaw was trying to shift bags to another rickshaw.
When the constable asked him what was the problem, he said the rickshaw had broken down.
When the constable asked him to open the bags, he and the driver fled, abandoning the vehicle.
The three bags were found to be stuffed with notes of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 denominations.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Tarun Joshi said, "We have handed over the cash to Income Tax department. The driver of the second auto is being questioned by Saifabad police."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy