Rs 7.5 crore looted, Tata Consultancy personnel murdered
Rajahmundry: A Tata Consultancy personnel, responsible for money loading operations in ATMs, was murdered on Monday by unidentified persons, who looted Rs 7.5 crore from his office here in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
P Srinivas, a TCS official engaged with SBI ATM Scientific Security Management Services agency, was killed at the ATM near Arts College in the city, they said.
The agency is the main office which sends money to various ATMs across the district and keeps the remaining money in office.
After attacking the official by sprinkling red chilli powder, the unknown miscreants killed him and fled with the money, police said.
The accused also damaged the CCTV at the ATM.
Investigations are on and a manhunt has been launched to nab the assailants, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet