Rs 75 lakh given for repairing cyclone, flood shelters
Rajahmundry: East Godvari district Collector Neetu Prasad today said Rs 75 lakhs have been allocated to repair the cyclone and flood shelters in the district.
Presiding over the flood committee meeting here to discuss measures to be taken in case of flood and cyclone, Prasad asked the concerned officials to prepare a comprehensive plan in this regard.
She said Rs 50 lakhs have been allocated to repair cyclone shelters while Rs 25 lakhs for flood shelters in the district.
She said they have already written to ONGC for release Rs 75 lakhs towards corporate social responsibility (CSR) to undertake works of cyclone and flood shelters in the district.
"We have requested ONGC to release these funds to repair 22 cyclone and flood shelters in Kakinada and Amalapuram division and are expecting a response from them in a day or two," she said.
After receiving the amount, the Panchayat Raj department will commence repair work of these shelters, she said.
She also directed the road and buildings department officials to visit the weak culvert bridges and irrigation sources in the district and take all necessary repairs in view of rainy season.
Meanwhile, 4,698 applications have been received for setting up of 416 liquor shops in Rajahmundry, the Collector said, adding that transparency has been maintained in issuance of license to liquor shops.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter