RTI activist in Andhra given poison shot
Hyderabad: Unidentified assailants forcibly administered a poisonous injection to a Right to Information (RTI) activist in Andhra Pradesh. His condition is said to be critical.
The attack on Srinivasa Rao took place Sunday at Markapuram in Prakasam district in south coastal Andhra. He was taken to a hospital in Ongole town.
According to police, some unidentified people attacked Rao and gave him the injection. The assailants escaped after the attack.
Srinivasa Rao had recently spoken about threat to his life from an official, whose corruption he was trying to expose. He had also claimed that despite his complaint, no action was taken against the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Public sector bank employees on strike today; operations hit
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected