RTI activist in Andhra given poison shot
Hyderabad: Unidentified assailants forcibly administered a poisonous injection to a Right to Information (RTI) activist in Andhra Pradesh. His condition is said to be critical.
The attack on Srinivasa Rao took place Sunday at Markapuram in Prakasam district in south coastal Andhra. He was taken to a hospital in Ongole town.
According to police, some unidentified people attacked Rao and gave him the injection. The assailants escaped after the attack.
Srinivasa Rao had recently spoken about threat to his life from an official, whose corruption he was trying to expose. He had also claimed that despite his complaint, no action was taken against the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre