RTI activist in Andhra given poison shot
Hyderabad: Unidentified assailants forcibly administered a poisonous injection to a Right to Information (RTI) activist in Andhra Pradesh. His condition is said to be critical.
The attack on Srinivasa Rao took place Sunday at Markapuram in Prakasam district in south coastal Andhra. He was taken to a hospital in Ongole town.
According to police, some unidentified people attacked Rao and gave him the injection. The assailants escaped after the attack.
Srinivasa Rao had recently spoken about threat to his life from an official, whose corruption he was trying to expose. He had also claimed that despite his complaint, no action was taken against the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details