RTI activist in Andhra given poison shot
Hyderabad: Unidentified assailants forcibly administered a poisonous injection to a Right to Information (RTI) activist in Andhra Pradesh. His condition is said to be critical.
The attack on Srinivasa Rao took place Sunday at Markapuram in Prakasam district in south coastal Andhra. He was taken to a hospital in Ongole town.
According to police, some unidentified people attacked Rao and gave him the injection. The assailants escaped after the attack.
Srinivasa Rao had recently spoken about threat to his life from an official, whose corruption he was trying to expose. He had also claimed that despite his complaint, no action was taken against the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly