RTI activist in Andhra given poison shot
Hyderabad: Unidentified assailants forcibly administered a poisonous injection to a Right to Information (RTI) activist in Andhra Pradesh. His condition is said to be critical.
The attack on Srinivasa Rao took place Sunday at Markapuram in Prakasam district in south coastal Andhra. He was taken to a hospital in Ongole town.
According to police, some unidentified people attacked Rao and gave him the injection. The assailants escaped after the attack.
Srinivasa Rao had recently spoken about threat to his life from an official, whose corruption he was trying to expose. He had also claimed that despite his complaint, no action was taken against the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh