Ruckus in RS over Telangana, Tamil fishermen issues
New Delhi: Ruckus over Telangana statehood issue and plight of Tamil fishermen disrupted proceedings in the Rajya Sabha for the third consecutive day on Friday, leading to two adjournments before lunch.
As soon as Rajya Sabha met for the day, Chairman Hamid Ansari said disruptions in the House will now on be reflected in the record of proceedings.
"For several days now, we have been in a situation where we are being forced to witness deviations of decorum of House when members rush into the Well," he said. "I wish to inform the members that this will now be reflected precisely in the proceedings of the House."
TDP members rushed into the Well carrying banners that read "Save Andhra Pradesh" to oppose creation of a separate Telangana state. DMK members too trooped into the Well with "Save Tamil Fishermen" banners.
Ansari asked members to go back to their seats but with members unrelenting, he adjourned the House till noon.
When the House reassembled, TDP members C M Ramesh and Y S Choudhary trooped into the Well opposing any move to carve out a separate Telanagana from Andhra Pradesh. They were carrying placards saying "Save Andhra Pradesh" and "We Want United Andhra Pradesh".
AIADMK and DMK members too rushed to the Well raising the plight of Tamil fishermen and displayed placards.
Members from BJP were also on their feet. SP, Left and Akali Dal MPs raised various issues, which could not be heard.
Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Mallikarjun Kharge introduced the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill, 2014 amid noisy scenes.
Amid the protests, Deputy Chairman P J Kurien said, "The Bill has only been introduced. Chairman will consider sending it to the Standing Committee."
As uproar continued, he adjourned the House till 2.30 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections
- Turkish soldier killed in clash with Kurdish militants - security sources
- Amitabh Bachchan set to return as the 'angry man' in 'Sarkar 3'
- Has somebody blocked you on WhatsApp? Know how to unblock yourself