Saffron activists forcibly marry off Valentine`s Day couples
Hyderabad: Saffron activists on Thursday forced young men and women who celebrated Valentine`s Day to get "married" and held demonstrations in Andhra Pradesh.
They forced young men marry their beloved when couples were spotted together in public places at Hyderabad and other parts of the state.
At other places, Bajrang Dal, VHP and other saffron outfits held rallies condemning celebration of Valentine`s Day.
These organisations had already announced that they would "counsel" boys and girls, if they are minors, and not hesitate to perform "marriages" if couples are majors.
Meanwhile, the authorities in Hyderabad today kept major parks here like Krishna Kant Park and others closed as a "precautionary measure".
The city police warned that they would take action against those who try to take law into their hands.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents