Saffron activists forcibly marry off Valentine`s Day couples
Hyderabad: Saffron activists on Thursday forced young men and women who celebrated Valentine`s Day to get "married" and held demonstrations in Andhra Pradesh.
They forced young men marry their beloved when couples were spotted together in public places at Hyderabad and other parts of the state.
At other places, Bajrang Dal, VHP and other saffron outfits held rallies condemning celebration of Valentine`s Day.
These organisations had already announced that they would "counsel" boys and girls, if they are minors, and not hesitate to perform "marriages" if couples are majors.
Meanwhile, the authorities in Hyderabad today kept major parks here like Krishna Kant Park and others closed as a "precautionary measure".
The city police warned that they would take action against those who try to take law into their hands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday