Sai Baba very critical, devotees pray for miracle
Puttaparthi: Sathya Sai Baba
continued to be in a very critical condition and his vital
organs were showing minimal response to treatment, doctors
attending on him said on Friday.
"Sai Baba continues in the same clinical condition as
he was in the morning. There is no significant change in his
health condition. He continues to be in same critical state of
health," Dr AN Safaya, director of Sri Sathya Sai Institute
of Higher Medical Sciences Super Speciality Hospital said in a
medical bulletin this evening.
"Sai Baba is still supported by ventilator and is on
CRRT system of dialysis. Though his blood pressure and heart
rate have been stable for the past 12 hours and are supported
by necessary drugs," the bulletin said.
The panel of doctors treating him is keeping a close
watch on his health.
As doctors, are continuing round-the-clock treatment
of the 86-year-old spiritual guru, who has been undergoing
treatment for multi-organ dysfunction since March 28, Sai Baba
devotees continued to throng Puttaparthi and were seen praying
for some kind of miracle.
The devotees congregated at the Prashatni Nilayam and
Prashantigram super speciality hospital for special prayers.
Meanwhile, the local authorities along with elected
representatives and members of Sri Sathya Sai Baba Central
Trust (SSSCT) held a meeting at the hospital premises.
Speaking to reporters later, Hindupur MP Nimmal
Kishtappa and Puttaparthi MLA Palle Raghunatha Reddy said the
meeting only discussed Sai Baba`s health.
Additional police forces were rushed to Puttaparthi as
there was growing concern over the godman`s health and
prohibitory orders were in place to prevent any untoward
Anantapur SP Syed Shanawaz Qasim said that
security was tightened and more police forces were deployed in
case of any untoward incident.
"... VIPs are visiting Puttaparthi and with large
number of devotees continuing to pour in, extra personnel are
being deployed," he said, adding there are around 1,300 forces
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand