Sai Baba very critical, devotees pray for miracle
Puttaparthi: Sathya Sai Baba
continued to be in a very critical condition and his vital
organs were showing minimal response to treatment, doctors
attending on him said on Friday.
"Sai Baba continues in the same clinical condition as
he was in the morning. There is no significant change in his
health condition. He continues to be in same critical state of
health," Dr AN Safaya, director of Sri Sathya Sai Institute
of Higher Medical Sciences Super Speciality Hospital said in a
medical bulletin this evening.
"Sai Baba is still supported by ventilator and is on
CRRT system of dialysis. Though his blood pressure and heart
rate have been stable for the past 12 hours and are supported
by necessary drugs," the bulletin said.
The panel of doctors treating him is keeping a close
watch on his health.
As doctors, are continuing round-the-clock treatment
of the 86-year-old spiritual guru, who has been undergoing
treatment for multi-organ dysfunction since March 28, Sai Baba
devotees continued to throng Puttaparthi and were seen praying
for some kind of miracle.
The devotees congregated at the Prashatni Nilayam and
Prashantigram super speciality hospital for special prayers.
Meanwhile, the local authorities along with elected
representatives and members of Sri Sathya Sai Baba Central
Trust (SSSCT) held a meeting at the hospital premises.
Speaking to reporters later, Hindupur MP Nimmal
Kishtappa and Puttaparthi MLA Palle Raghunatha Reddy said the
meeting only discussed Sai Baba`s health.
Additional police forces were rushed to Puttaparthi as
there was growing concern over the godman`s health and
prohibitory orders were in place to prevent any untoward
Anantapur SP Syed Shanawaz Qasim said that
security was tightened and more police forces were deployed in
case of any untoward incident.
"... VIPs are visiting Puttaparthi and with large
number of devotees continuing to pour in, extra personnel are
being deployed," he said, adding there are around 1,300 forces
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?