Sai Trust conducts inventory at Whitefield complex
Bangalore: The Sathya Sai Baba Trust along
with Bangalore Urban District Deputy Commissioner on Wednesday conducted an inventory of the wealth and assets of the late
Godman Sathya Sai Baba at his ashram near Whitefield, in the
outskirts of the city.
The team took stock of the wealth at the Whitefield complex
of the trust, known as the Sai Baba Brindavan ashram, located
about 24 kms from here.
The entire inventory was conducted under heavy police
bandobast, police said. The ashram, inaugurated by Sai Baba on
June 25 1960, served as the residence of Baba during his stay
in the city.
This is the fourth time that an inventory of precious
metals and cash in Sai Baba`s personal chambers is being
conducted at the instance of the government after the
spiritual guru passed away on April 24.
The most recent inventory process was conducted on Monday
in Puttaparthi in Andhra Pradesh. Officials had found 34.5 kg
gold, 430 kg silver besides cash worth Rs 1,90,53,899, media
coordinator of the trust A Anantharaman said.
The inventory was conducted at the second building of
Yajur Mandir and four rooms of Poornachandra Chamber in the
presence of Anantapur district collector V Duradas and other
In the first inventory made on June 16, 98 kg gold, 307
kg of silver apart from Rs 11.56 crore in cash was found
whereas on July 2, when the second inventory was taken, gold
and silver articles worth Rs 74 lakh and a diamond studded
ring worth Rs 3 lakh was found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees