Sailor held for sending lewd SMSes to woman
Visakhapatnam: A 33-year-old sailor was arrested for allegedly sending obscene SMSes and making undesired phone calls to the wife of a man working with Merchant Navy here, police said on Friday.
The sailor, Subhash Dutta working with the Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam, reportedly got the number of the victim through some sources, they said.
He then allegedly started sending abusive and lewd SMSes and made calls to her by using four SIM cards.
Annoyed with the repeated obscene SMSes from the accused, the woman narrated the matter to her husband, who lodged a complaint at Malkapuram police station in the city on September 6, 2013.
The victim and her husband reside in the Malkapuram area here.
Subsequently, the case was transferred to the cyber crime investigation cell, which traced the anonymous calls made to the woman and nabbed Dutta yesterday. A mobile phone and four SIM cards were seized from him, police said.
Further investigation was on in the matter, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog