Sailor held for sending lewd SMSes to woman
Visakhapatnam: A 33-year-old sailor was arrested for allegedly sending obscene SMSes and making undesired phone calls to the wife of a man working with Merchant Navy here, police said on Friday.
The sailor, Subhash Dutta working with the Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam, reportedly got the number of the victim through some sources, they said.
He then allegedly started sending abusive and lewd SMSes and made calls to her by using four SIM cards.
Annoyed with the repeated obscene SMSes from the accused, the woman narrated the matter to her husband, who lodged a complaint at Malkapuram police station in the city on September 6, 2013.
The victim and her husband reside in the Malkapuram area here.
Subsequently, the case was transferred to the cyber crime investigation cell, which traced the anonymous calls made to the woman and nabbed Dutta yesterday. A mobile phone and four SIM cards were seized from him, police said.
Further investigation was on in the matter, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli