Sakshi writes to Press Council against CBI action
Hyderabad: Sakshi media house, owned by Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, today filed an application with the Editors` Guild and the Press Council of India against CBI`s action of freezing its bank accounts and the state government`s decision to ban issuing advertisements to Sakshi Telugu daily and news channel.
In separate representations to the Guild and the PCI, Sakshi editorial director S Ramakrishna Reddy lamented that the CBI`s act has left Sakshi newspaper "virtually paralysed."
"This is not only an attack on the employees of Sakshi media but also on the media and freedom of press. How can CBI indulge in this unlawful act of freezing the current accounts that impact livelihood of more than 20,000 persons, besides gagging media establishments," he asked.
The CBI neither issued prior notice to the company nor informed the court concerned before freezing the bank accounts, he pointed out.
While the Sakshi management has challenged the CBI order in the court, its employees also filed another petition in the state High Court, Ramakrishna Reddy added.
CBI got the bank accounts of Jagati Publications, Indira Television and Janani Infrastructure, belonging to Y S Jagan, frozen on May 8 as part of the investigations into the MP`s disproportionate assets case. The next day, the AP government issued an order asking its departments, corporations and other wings not to issue advertisements to Sakshi newspaper and television channel.
Sakshi management, however, did not get any relief as the special court of CBI refused to defreeze the bank accounts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested