Salaries, allowances of AP ministers enhanced
Hyderabad: Salaries and allowances of Chief
Minister and ministers in Andhra Pradesh have been enhanced
significantly with the state Assembly on Tuesday approving an
amendment to the relevant act.
The state will have to spend Rs 25 crore per annum from
the 2012-13 fiscal to meet the enhanced salary bill of the
Chief Minister and Ministers, including their TA and DA.
The amendment to the Andhra Pradesh Payment of Salaries
and Pension and Removal of Disqualification Act, 1953, that
was moved in the Assembly on March 16 was passed by voice vote
today even as the entire opposition was not present in the
Under the amended legislation, the basic pay of Chief
Minister has been enhanced from Rs 5,250 to Rs 16,000 a month
and that of ministers (including deputy chief minister) from
Rs 5,000 to Rs 14,000.
The special allowance has been hiked to Rs 8,000,
sumptuary allowance to Rs 7,000, Camp Office allowance to
Rs 10,000, security car allowance to Rs 25,000, own car
allowance to Rs 30,000 and house rent allowance to Rs 50,000.
Besides, a constituency allowance of Rs 83,000 will be
given to the Chief Minister, ministers and others (like Chief
The hike will also be applicable to Chairman and Deputy
Chairman of the Legislative Council and Speaker and Deputy
Speaker of the Assembly.
Salaries and allowances of these dignitaries were last
enhanced in the year 2000.
It was decided to enhance the salary and allowances of
the Chief Minister and others based on information received
from state governments like Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and
Maharashtra on the pay structures there, according to the
Meanwhile, The Andhra Pradesh Agricultural Land
(conversion for non-agricultural purposes) Amendment Bill
2012, The AP Municipal Laws (Amendment) Bill 2012 and The AP
(Andhra Area) Inam (Abolition and conversion into Ryotwari)
(Amendment) Bill, 2012 were also passed by the Assembly during
the evening session today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!