Sathya Sai Baba continues to be in critical state
Puttaparthi (AP): The condition of Sri Sathya
Sai Baba continues to remain very critical and his vital
organs are showing minimal response to treatment, a senior
doctor attending on him said on Saturday.
"Sai Baba`s condition is very critical. He is in the ICU
and undergoing treatment as he is suffering from multi-organ
dysfunction," Dr Ravi Raj, Director of AP Medical Education,
told reporters here.
"His heart is very weak. Blood pressure is usually low
but is maintained at near normal level through medicines. His
liver function is very poor and kidneys are not functioning.
So he has to undergo dialysis," the doctor said.
He said Sai Baba`s intestines are also not functioning
properly and he is being fed through the intravenous route.
"As far as his central nerve system and brain functioning
is concerned, Sai Baba is on continuous sedation, because he
is connected to the ventilator, so it becomes difficult for us
to assess his consciousness level accurately," the doctor
A team of doctors at the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of
Higher Medical Sciences are monitoring his health round the
clock, Ravi Raj said.
The 86-year-old Sai Baba was hospitalised on March 28
following problems related to heart and respiration.
Earlier, state Major Industries Minister J Geetha Reddy
told reporters that the Government held a coordiation meeting
with hospital doctors, Sai Baba Trust members and the local
district administration to make an assessment of Sai Baba`s
"The government is there to assist in every aspect on
whatever suggestion the doctors give on the health condition
of Sai Baba," the minister said.
After conclusion of the coordination meeting, authorities
said the trust members are likely to brief the media in the
evening to clarify reports appearing in a section of the press
about the succession to Sai Baba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal