Sathya Sai Baba`s condition stable
Hyderabad: Spiritual leader Sri Sathya Sai Baba remained hospitalised in the pilgrim town Puttaparthi in Anantapur district for the second day Tuesday. His condition is stable, hospital sources said.
According to the sources, he is suffering from pneumonia. Water has entered his lungs, which has caused him breathing problems.
The 85-year-old godman was admitted to the Super Specialty Hospital in Puttaparthi Monday evening. As the news of his ill-health spread in the town, shopkeepers downed shutters and hundreds of his devotes thronged Prashanti Nilayam, the abode of Sathya Sai Baba, to know about his well being.
Officials of Sri Sathya Sai Trust said the spiritual guru was recovering and there was nothing to worry. The trust has been receiving inquiries from his devotees spread across the world.
Sathyanarayana Raju or Sathya Sai Baba as he is known was born Nov 23, 1926, at Puttaparthi. In 1940, he claimed that he is an incarnation of god.
He became famous with his miracles but stopped performing these in 1990s after rationalists accused him of fraud. Since then Sathya Sai Baba has been focusing only on social and charitable work.
the Sathya Sai Trust runs a state-of-the-art hospital, university and several other institutions.
His devotees are spread across the world and they include heads of states and governments, politicians, film and sports personalities, judges and army officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj