Sathya Sai Baba`s nephew to be questioned
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh police on Wednesday called late Sathya Sai Baba`s nephew R J Ratnakar and Sathya
Sai Central Trust member V Srinivasan for questioning in
connection with the seizure of Rs 35.5 lakh from Puttaparthi
Notices were issued to Ratnakar and Srinivasan asking
them to appear before the Investigating Officer probing the
case of seizure of Rs 35.5 lakh in a vehicle allegedly
belonging to the Sai Central Trust within the next 3 days.
"The duo would be questioned as part of investigations
into the cash seizure case as names of the duo came out
during interrogation of three accused, who were arrested after
seizure of the vehicle," a senior police officer said.
The questioning is likely to be conducted tomorrow in
Puttaparthi town, the police officer, who is supervising the
cash seizure investigations, said.
A four-wheeler carrying Rs 35.5 lakh in cash was
confiscated during checking at Kodikonda checkpost under
Chilamanthur Police station limits bordering Karnataka on June
Police have arrested three persons including its
driver Harishnanda Shetty, besides Srinivasan`s driver
Chandrashekhar alias Shekhar and an engineer Sohanshetty in
connection with the cash seizure.
Police have also served notices to others Sadashiv and
Venkatesh, (a personal assistant of Srinivasan), though the
duo are out of Andhra Pradesh and had sought time to appear
before the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?