Sathya Sai Baba`s nephew to be questioned
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh police on Wednesday called late Sathya Sai Baba`s nephew R J Ratnakar and Sathya
Sai Central Trust member V Srinivasan for questioning in
connection with the seizure of Rs 35.5 lakh from Puttaparthi
Notices were issued to Ratnakar and Srinivasan asking
them to appear before the Investigating Officer probing the
case of seizure of Rs 35.5 lakh in a vehicle allegedly
belonging to the Sai Central Trust within the next 3 days.
"The duo would be questioned as part of investigations
into the cash seizure case as names of the duo came out
during interrogation of three accused, who were arrested after
seizure of the vehicle," a senior police officer said.
The questioning is likely to be conducted tomorrow in
Puttaparthi town, the police officer, who is supervising the
cash seizure investigations, said.
A four-wheeler carrying Rs 35.5 lakh in cash was
confiscated during checking at Kodikonda checkpost under
Chilamanthur Police station limits bordering Karnataka on June
Police have arrested three persons including its
driver Harishnanda Shetty, besides Srinivasan`s driver
Chandrashekhar alias Shekhar and an engineer Sohanshetty in
connection with the cash seizure.
Police have also served notices to others Sadashiv and
Venkatesh, (a personal assistant of Srinivasan), though the
duo are out of Andhra Pradesh and had sought time to appear
before the police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'