Sathya Sai Baba`s nephew to be questioned
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh police on Wednesday called late Sathya Sai Baba`s nephew R J Ratnakar and Sathya
Sai Central Trust member V Srinivasan for questioning in
connection with the seizure of Rs 35.5 lakh from Puttaparthi
Notices were issued to Ratnakar and Srinivasan asking
them to appear before the Investigating Officer probing the
case of seizure of Rs 35.5 lakh in a vehicle allegedly
belonging to the Sai Central Trust within the next 3 days.
"The duo would be questioned as part of investigations
into the cash seizure case as names of the duo came out
during interrogation of three accused, who were arrested after
seizure of the vehicle," a senior police officer said.
The questioning is likely to be conducted tomorrow in
Puttaparthi town, the police officer, who is supervising the
cash seizure investigations, said.
A four-wheeler carrying Rs 35.5 lakh in cash was
confiscated during checking at Kodikonda checkpost under
Chilamanthur Police station limits bordering Karnataka on June
Police have arrested three persons including its
driver Harishnanda Shetty, besides Srinivasan`s driver
Chandrashekhar alias Shekhar and an engineer Sohanshetty in
connection with the cash seizure.
Police have also served notices to others Sadashiv and
Venkatesh, (a personal assistant of Srinivasan), though the
duo are out of Andhra Pradesh and had sought time to appear
before the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened