Satyam case: CBI moves SC against Raju bail
New Delhi: CBI has moved the Supreme Court
against the Andhra Pradesh High Court order that granted bail
to disgraced Satyam founder B Ramalinga Raju in connection
with Rs 14,000 crore fraud case in the IT company.
The appeal filed by the agency is listed for hearing on
Monday before a bench headed by Justice Dalbeer Bhandari.
While granting bail, the High Court on August 18 had
ordered Raju to stay in Hyderabad and provide two sureties for
Rs 20 lakh each.
Raju, who was arrested on January 9 last year and is
currently undergoing treatment for liver infection in the
state-run Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences here, was also
asked to appear before the local court trying the case that
has become India`s largest corporate fraud.
Raju had appeared before the local court on August 24,
but framing of charges was deferred to August 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you