Satyam scam: Court adjourns hearing on framing of charges
Hyderabad: The special court trying the
multi-crore scam in Satyam Computer today adjourned the
hearing on framing of charges against the ten accused until
After hearing the arguments of two former auditors of
PriceWaterhouse (PW), S Gopalakrishnan and his deputy Talluri
Srinivas, and two other accused B Suryananarayan Raju and Ch
Srisalam, the XXI Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
(ACMM) adjourned the case.
Earlier, S Raghunathan, counsel for the former PW
auditors, submitted that the materials placed before the court
against his clients were totally insufficient for the purpose
of framing of charges.
He said his clients were only the auditors of the IT
firm and did not have any links with the main scam accused,
Satyam founder B Ramalinga Raju.
They signed the (auditing) papers submitted by the
company management after selective verifications as per the
auditors` guidelines, he said.
Raghunathan contended that it is highly impossible to
verify each and every figure and his clients are not
detectives to sniff out that the account books were fudged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey