Satyam scam: Court adjourns hearing on framing of charges
Hyderabad: The special court trying the
multi-crore scam in Satyam Computer today adjourned the
hearing on framing of charges against the ten accused until
After hearing the arguments of two former auditors of
PriceWaterhouse (PW), S Gopalakrishnan and his deputy Talluri
Srinivas, and two other accused B Suryananarayan Raju and Ch
Srisalam, the XXI Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
(ACMM) adjourned the case.
Earlier, S Raghunathan, counsel for the former PW
auditors, submitted that the materials placed before the court
against his clients were totally insufficient for the purpose
of framing of charges.
He said his clients were only the auditors of the IT
firm and did not have any links with the main scam accused,
Satyam founder B Ramalinga Raju.
They signed the (auditing) papers submitted by the
company management after selective verifications as per the
auditors` guidelines, he said.
Raghunathan contended that it is highly impossible to
verify each and every figure and his clients are not
detectives to sniff out that the account books were fudged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video