Satyam scam: Examination of Raju, others postponed yet again
Hyderabad: The examination of the disgraced
former chairman of Satyam Computers B Ramalinga Raju and nine
other accused in the Rs 10,000-crore accounting fraud, was
again postponed today, as one of the accused moved the High
Court seeking reversal of procedures to commence the trial.
The XXIth additional chief metropolitan magistrate court
here adjourned the matter (examination of the accused) to
August 11, following a request from one of the accused,
Srisailam requested the court to adjourn the case saying
he his petition, pending in the Andhra High Court, against the
sessions court order that had on Wednesday dismissed his
application to hear the accused before examination and framing
of charges. Srisailam filed the revision petition in the
sessions court after magistrate BVLN Chakravarti, who had
earlier dismissed his plea for hearing the charges against the
accused ahead of their formal examination.
The court wants to examine all the accused, including
Raju, following two CBI charge-sheets, before commencing the
Raju, undergoing treatment for Hepatitis-C at NIMS
Hospital and has not been attending court proceedings since
last September,would be examined at the hospital through a
questionnaire, while the remaining nine accused would be taken
up in the court itself.
The counrt had earlier adjourned the case on July 23, 26,
and July 29 pending Srisailam`s petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?