Satyam scam: Questionnaire handed over to Raju counsel
Hyderabad: The process of examination of
the accused in the multi-crore accounting fraud at Satyam
Computer began today with the handing over of a questionnaire
by a local court to the counsel of B Ramalinga Raju, the
ailing former chairman of the IT firm.
The court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
(ACCM) gave the questionnaire to Raju`s counsel Umamaheshwar
Rao and sought reply by August 16. It adjourned the
examination process of nine other accused to the same date.
Raju, prime accused in the January 2009 scam, is
undergoing treatment for Hepatitis-C at NIMS Hospital here and
has not been attending court proceedings since September last.
The questionnaire will be served on him at the Government-run
In view of Raju`s hospitalisation, Magistrate B V L N
Chakravarti had earlier decided to examine him through a
questionnaire and others in the court.
The examination process was adjourned at least on
three occasions last month as one of the accused had moved the
Andhra Pradesh High Court seeking reversal of procedures to
commence the trial.
The accused, Ch Srisailam, a former Satyam employee,
informed the ACCM today that he had withdrawn his petition
from the High Court, paving the way for examination of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III