Satyam scam: Questionnaire handed over to Raju counsel
Hyderabad: The process of examination of
the accused in the multi-crore accounting fraud at Satyam
Computer began today with the handing over of a questionnaire
by a local court to the counsel of B Ramalinga Raju, the
ailing former chairman of the IT firm.
The court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
(ACCM) gave the questionnaire to Raju`s counsel Umamaheshwar
Rao and sought reply by August 16. It adjourned the
examination process of nine other accused to the same date.
Raju, prime accused in the January 2009 scam, is
undergoing treatment for Hepatitis-C at NIMS Hospital here and
has not been attending court proceedings since September last.
The questionnaire will be served on him at the Government-run
In view of Raju`s hospitalisation, Magistrate B V L N
Chakravarti had earlier decided to examine him through a
questionnaire and others in the court.
The examination process was adjourned at least on
three occasions last month as one of the accused had moved the
Andhra Pradesh High Court seeking reversal of procedures to
commence the trial.
The accused, Ch Srisailam, a former Satyam employee,
informed the ACCM today that he had withdrawn his petition
from the High Court, paving the way for examination of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you