Satyam trial: Court allows accused to use computer
Hyderabad: A local court Friday allowed one of the Satyam accused to use computer in the prison to enable him to prepare his defence for the trial in multi-crore financial fraud in the IT major.
The XXI Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Court allowed the petition of G Rama Krishna, accused No. 7 in the case, and directed the superintendent of Chanchalguda Central Prison to provide him a computer.
The judge BVLN Chakravarti said the accused would have to bear the cost of procuring and installing the computer and the same can be used only for storing, retrieving and accessing the case records.
Rama Krishna, former Satyam employee had prayed the court to allow him to procure a computer for preparing the case records and to defend himself during the trial.
The judge ordered the Chanchalguda Prison authorities to permit the petitioner to use basic desktop, low-end computer system enabling him to read, write and edit text documents, and also having an optical drive facility to read CDs and DVDs supplied by CBI in the prison premises only.
Rama Krishna was also asked to make necessary payments, including electrical charges, for installation and use of desktop. Also, the judge said the computer has to be used at a
place and time decided by the prison authorities.
According to the jail authorities, Krishna would be the first accused in the Chanchalguda Prison allowed using computer to prepare his defence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city