Satyanarayana scotches reports on leadership change in AP
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana on Wednesday dismissed speculation about change of guard in the state.
On media reports that he and Chief Minister Kiran Reddy might be replaced by the Congress high command, Satyanarayana told reporters that such reports were "incorrect and uncalled for".
When asked about reports that he had abused his official position for the recent wedding of his daughter at his native Vizianagaram, Satyanarayana said he would bow his head if the charges were proved.
Responding to a query, he said the Central leadership is moving towards taking a decision on the "sensitive" Telangana issue.
He said massive damage had taken place due to the heavy rains in coastal districts, and asserted that the government would make all efforts to help the people, including farmers.
He called upon Congress activists to get involved in the relief work.
The party membership enrollment, which was supposed to start on November 14, would now begin on November 19 in view of the rains, the PCC president said.
He also announced the in-charge District Congress Committee presidents and in-charge City Congress Committee presidents for some districts and cities.
Medak - V Bhupal Reddy, Srikakukalm - Narendra Yadav, Visakhapatnam - Karanam Dharmasri, Chittoor - A Rajasekhara Reddy, Guntur - Makkena Mallikarjuna Rao, Warangal - Donthi Madava Reddy and Kakinada - William Harry Thitarala, Rajahmundry - Nakka Sri Nagesh (SC), Vijayawada - Adapa Nagendra Prasad and Vijayawada - Meesala Rajeshwara Rao (SC), Working President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study