SC cancels Raju’s bail, to surrender by Nov 8
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Tuesday cancelled the bail plea of B Ramaliga Raju and five others in the Satyam fraud case. The former estranged chief of Satyam Computer Services will now have to surrender to the police by November 8.
Raju, who was arrested and charged in the company’s multi-crore fraud, popularly known at the ‘Satyam Scam,’ was denied bail by the SC after the CBI contended that the former chief could try to influence witnesses. The CBI also alerted that Raju must have already approached some of the witnesses while on bail.
Raju and five others accused in the scam have been given a dateline of November 8 to surrender before the police.
However, there are speculations as to whether Raju would be jailed or be back to hospital where he had been admitted for a minor heart attack.
He was earlier granted bail by the Andhra Pradesh High Court on account of health issue.
Nevertheless, regardless of the current situation the CBI asserted the case would be solved within the next six months. And it was only after a detail hearing of the case from the CBI that the apex court cancelled the bail and set November 8 for Raju and the other five to surrender to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested