SC cancels Raju’s bail, to surrender by Nov 8
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Tuesday cancelled the bail plea of B Ramaliga Raju and five others in the Satyam fraud case. The former estranged chief of Satyam Computer Services will now have to surrender to the police by November 8.
Raju, who was arrested and charged in the company’s multi-crore fraud, popularly known at the ‘Satyam Scam,’ was denied bail by the SC after the CBI contended that the former chief could try to influence witnesses. The CBI also alerted that Raju must have already approached some of the witnesses while on bail.
Raju and five others accused in the scam have been given a dateline of November 8 to surrender before the police.
However, there are speculations as to whether Raju would be jailed or be back to hospital where he had been admitted for a minor heart attack.
He was earlier granted bail by the Andhra Pradesh High Court on account of health issue.
Nevertheless, regardless of the current situation the CBI asserted the case would be solved within the next six months. And it was only after a detail hearing of the case from the CBI that the apex court cancelled the bail and set November 8 for Raju and the other five to surrender to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015